TreeMap can save the data along with the settings applied to the visualization in its own data format (file .mtm extension). For this, use the File->Save and Save As... menu entries. To only save the settings and have the data file referenced instead of being embedded, you can produce such a file by doing:
- Open a data file (Excel for example)
- Modify all the parameters as desired
- Do File->Export Settings...
- Select "Macrofocus TreeMap (*.mtm) as file type
When you open the resulting file (e.g. using File->Open), it will read all the data from the referenced data file and apply all the settings. You can also see how the settings are stored into the resulting .mtm file, you can open it using any text editor.
You can also export the treemap view using the following schemes:
- Using File->Export...: the treemap view is exported in vector form (Scalable Vector Graphics) so that it can be seen by the many web browser with an embedded SVG viewer, or edited by any application supporting SVG (such as Adobe Ilustrator).
- Using File->Copy to Clipboard: the treemap view is put into the clipboard in bitmap format (and can be pasted into applications such as Microsoft Powerpoint).
- Using File->Print: to get a printout of the treemap view (note that the resulting print job can also be redirected to a file)